1) To what extent was there cross-over between Bauhaus and the other art movements of the period? For instance, Otto Dix and Georg Grosz were both Dadaists and Neuen Sachlichkeit artists. Were there any other instances of well-known artists who were members of both Bauhaus and another movement?
I'm curious as to whether other artists also evolved in that fashion.
2) Did the art movements of the period ('20s-'30s) affect German history at all, or was it strictly the other way around? In other words, how much impact did art really have on German history/society, and how much of it was merely a reaction to events?
I have an hypothesis that art starts out as a recording of current events, and that when given enough momentum behind any particular movement, can actually shape events. Even though it's not strictly related to the course (unless you consider Emil and the Detectives), I could probably make a decent argument for how comic books (especially American comics from the '20s/'30s) have shaped some contemporary thoughts regarding criminal, social, and economic justice.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.